My friend Alex gave me a free advanced copy of her new book So This is the End: A Love Story. It was engrossing. Funny. Sad. I could not put it down. In it, the protagonist, Norma, is given a second chance to live, but it’s temporary. She only gets 24 hours.
This got me thinking…if I only had 24 hours, what would I do with my time?
Twenty-fours isn’t much for some of the things I wanted to put on my list – like learning Italian fluently. I think I’d panic and waste a few minutes wondering what to to with my remaining precious hours on Earth. But here is what I would do for #MyFinal24:
- Take my two fur babies – Kobi and Lulu – for a walk with my Hubby and then all cuddle together on the couch.
- Eat brunch and enjoy the best almond-milk magic at my favourite café. I’ll read – one of my favourite pastimes – while I’m there too.
- Soak in the Peninsula natural spring spas with my girlfriends – miraculously there will be no one else there!
- Eat my mum’s chicken curry Indian style – by hand!
- Stare at the moon – hopefully she’s a full one. But I’d be grateful for any visibility.
- Write a farewell note on my (this) blog, with special mention of people who are dear to me.
- Dance to reggaeton music.
- Last but not least, have an intimate gathering at my house, hanging out and laughing with the people I love – Hubby, Mum, Dad, Jaya, Shourov, Arjun, Keshav, Josh and my two fur babies.
What would you do with your precious last day?